Sunday, May 27, 2012
The Yves Saint Laurent Retrospective - Denver 2012
A few weeks ago I visited Denver for my eldest nieces high school graduation (Go USC !!). While in Denver I was so fortunate to be in the same city as the Yves Saint Laurent Retrospective exhibit, this is the exhibits one and only U.S stop. I know what you might be thinking "DENVER !! Really??? " I know I had the same thoughts. But all that aside, it was an amazing exhibit that at one point brought tears to my eyes, for those who know me, I am not a crier. I was so inspired, I was in front of over 200 Houte Couture pieces created by Yves Saint Laurent himself. I was in room after room of just wearable art, hand stitched and carefully crafted pieces. I left the exhibit with my head just wanting to explode from having been there. I was not too pleased with the staff at the Denver Art Museum, they didn't seem fazed with the privilege of being there, instead there was just "Lady" if you will, wearing crocks with socks saying in the most dull and bored mono-tone "Welcome to YSL".... I wanted to jump over the velvet rope and say, NO !! "Lady" (If you will) this is how it's done "WELCOME TO THE YVES SAINT LAURENT RETROSPECTIVE" (Laurent in my faux French accent). I wanted to smack her with with my remote control looking audio guide for sounding like such a bore. Anyhow, back to the Couture, there were pieces that were extravagant some that changed the face of fashion forever and some that were "who would wear that?" . All in all, the best $20 spent. I like this whole blog writing thing, I don't know who really reads this, but this serves me as a sort of journal. Anyone at the Denver Art Museum read this??? Please hire me as a greeter, I think the people there are not up to par.
Above are some pictures of what I am talking about. If anyone was wondering what brought tears to my eyes, it was the recreated desk of Yves Saint Laurent. If you read this, THANK YOU !!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment